Dear SLLC Families,
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our world, keeping you, your child(ren), and our staff safe is one of our main priorities. Therefore, we wanted to make you aware of the precautions that we are taking.
- Our cleaning company implements a sanitizing and disinfecting method along with their cleaning service weekly.
- If your child or anyone in your family exhibits the following symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please DO NOT bring them to therapy. We are not “docking” attendance for this. Symptoms include but are not limited to the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The following are our guidelines for positive COVID cases:
- Positive COVID-19 case in patient’s household: the patient must be tested 5 days after exposure and receive negative test results prior to returning to therapy or quarantine for 10 days from all services after exposure.
- Patient positive for COVID-19: quarantine for 10 days from 1st day of symptoms or date of positive results.
- Patient exposed to COVID-19: the patient must be tested 5 days after exposure and receive a negative test result prior to returning to therapy or quarantine for 10 days from all services after exposure.
- Patient quarantined from school d/t positive COVID-19 case in the classroom: quarantine from all services for 10 days after last day child was at school OR test for COVID-19 5 days after the last day of school, and if negative, may return to therapy.
- Patient’s school or school system closed/on remote learning d/t COVID-19: continue therapy as is unless the patient was in direct contact with a positive case (classmate, teacher, friends, etc.) (no quarantine or negative test required before resuming therapy).
- Before each session, your child’s therapist will wash your child’s hands for 20 seconds. If your child’s therapist notices any of the above symptoms, you will be called immediately to pick them up.
While this has definitely had an impact on not only our community but on the world, our commitment to our patients and their families has not changed. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.